Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spark plugs ?



Anyone using single ground electrode plugs in 2nd Gen Camry 4cyl ?

I'm guessing they are hotter than duals (stock ?) which should be okay but I've heard some Toyota's are finicky ......

Reply 1 : Spark plugs ?



I was tought to use the OEM part number.....

Reply 2 : Spark plugs ?




Quote:








Originally Posted by alotawatts
View Post

I'm guessing they are hotter than duals (stock ?)



Not sure what you mean by "hotter"? Better spark??? Not as far as I know.



I'd say single platinum plugs will last a bit less long than dual. So it's a matter of preference. On a 4 cyl engine where they're easy to replace, I'd be inclined to go with single. But that's just my opinion.



You might be thinking of some of the V6 engines Toyota makes where they have a waste spark system. That is, there is one coil for every 2 spark plugs which fires both plugs at the same time, "wasting" the spark in one of the cylinders. These wear plugs out faster because they fire twice as often as necessary.

Reply 3 : Spark plugs ?



Look up the plugs on NGK's web site.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product.../iridiumix.asp



The car can use NGK Iridium-IX. These are excellent plugs.

Iridium IX BKR6EIX-11
3764







Quote:








Originally Posted by alotawatts
View Post

Anyone using single ground electrode plugs in 2nd Gen Camry 4cyl ?

I'm guessing they are hotter than duals (stock ?) which should be okay but I've heard some Toyota's are finicky ......




No comments:

Post a Comment