Tuesday, March 22, 2011

2011 Highlander 3.5L V6 Engine Noise



Hello,



Just picked up a brand new 2011 Highlander with a 3.5L V6 engine. I noticed a knocking/tapping noise coming from the engine while running at idle and only after the engine has warmed up. It sounds like the noise is being generated by something of metal like a bad lifter. I have never owned a Toyota before so I don't know if this is normal or if it is a defect. I have read a TSB on earlier engines having similar ticking/tapping noise that required repair in the camshaft area. Wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue and knows if this is normal with Toyota engines before I take it back to the dealer. Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 : 2011 Highlander 3.5L V6 Engine Noise



Hello, and welcome to Toyota Nation!



Take a look at the Cold Start Clatter and the Fuel Injection Clatter links in this forum's Common Problems and Solutions sticky to see if that is your issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment