Friday, March 25, 2011

Funny AC noise



I tried posting this before but it didn't appear.



I have a 95 wagon with the 4 cyc engine. I had my AC (compressor, clutch. dryer) replaced in August. Since that time, whenever the compressor kicks on, I get this wierd sound. It is hard to described. It is loke a short whooping sound or a sound a stuck door might make when pulled open. The mechanic says it could be a damper in the dash. I find it odd this started immediately after replacing the AC. Last week, the compressor stared to fail and was replaced under warranty. Since then, it still makes the sound but less frequaently. With the hood open, it doesn't seem to be coming from the compresor. What could be causing this?

Reply 1 : Funny AC noise



Hello, was there any work done to the evaporator core or expansion valve?

No comments:

Post a Comment