Friday, March 25, 2011

3 Blink Turn Signal Mod, anyone do it?



Hello all,



I used to own an Audi and now have a 08 Camry LE. I really liked the 3 Blink turn signal option that the Audi and other European cars have. Is it possible to update or swap out the relay in our turn signals to achieve the same result? Thanks for any help.



-Stephen

Reply 1 : 3 Blink Turn Signal Mod, anyone do it?



Coming from a 2008 VW, I sorely miss my one touch signal. I can't believe more manufactures have not adopted this feature.



Most euro brands have had this since the mid 90's.

Reply 2 : 3 Blink Turn Signal Mod, anyone do it?



What is the 3 Blink turn signal option and the one touch system? Sorry, I've been with Japanese cars all my life been looking into getting into a nice a4 recently

Reply 3 : 3 Blink Turn Signal Mod, anyone do it?



It's where you slightly tap the turn signal stock and it bounces back to normal position, causing your turn signal to flash three times. Makes lane changing a breeze. Had it on my C240.



Honestly, I've gotten used to the 3-blink sort of idea, and in the Camry, I just lightly tap it as if I had the option, except my blinkers only go off once. To be safer, I guess you could hold it lightly for two or three flashes and then let go of the stalk, but that wouldn't be as quick as what you'd normally see on the Euro cars.

Reply 4 : 3 Blink Turn Signal Mod, anyone do it?



if this is what u guys are talking about i dont see what the big deal is its not like it makes it blink any faster besides if u want it to blink more than 3x you have to hold it in place whats up with that? i personally wouldnt want it
















You Tube







Reply 5 : 3 Blink Turn Signal Mod, anyone do it?



that video says it right in it. you dont have to hold it. Only if you want it to blink longer then three times when changing lanes. but if you are turning. you just click it up or down further then the normal little tap. it stays on until you make your turn just like a normal blinker on our cars. i wouldn't mind that. i always just lightly hold it for three blinks anyway. i'd like to hear the answer on this question. if its possible or not!

Reply 6 : 3 Blink Turn Signal Mod, anyone do it?



It's something very simple and would seem very trivial to most people, but once you have it it's a very nice thing to have and get used to. I had it on my Mercedes and switching to the Camry and other vehicles I sort of missed it.



There are a lot of little things that seem trivial to have, but thats the whole point of over-engineering and going above and beyond what is necessary and standard.

Reply 7 : 3 Blink Turn Signal Mod, anyone do it?



when I took my buddys z4 for a rip it had this feature, it was tripping me out at first. I was way too used to the traditional signal stalk

Reply 8 : 3 Blink Turn Signal Mod, anyone do it?



It would probably require some wiring and a chipset to let the car know when its lightly tapped or full pressed. The stalk would also need to be changed. I dont think any of the Toyota vehicles have this so my answer would be no.

Reply 9 : 3 Blink Turn Signal Mod, anyone do it?



The '11 hyundai elantra I had for a rental had it.



This POS corolla has done the mod somehow:
















You Tube







No comments:

Post a Comment