Tuesday, March 22, 2011

05 Matrix BASE EASY FOG LIGHT hook up



For all who, Like myself, want fog lights in additon to the DRL's and do not want to goto all the trouble and expense of rewiring, etc....

I bought mu OEM lights through Amazon for $93.00 including shipping.

Get a relay from local auto parts that fits the empty slot. Now I do not know the pin numers...however....Place a 16 gauge wire (what I used) in the hole on the pin that fits closest to the firewall. Plug in the relay with the wire in the relay pin. Next, Find a wire in the harness that hooks into the fuse box close to the relay that is "HOT" only when the key/ignition switch is turned ON...hook the other end of the 16 gauge wire to the hot wire. The fogs will work perfectly whenever you turn the ignition switch on.

IF, on the other hand you want to be able to turn the foggy's on and off then just run the wire frim the relay to the location you want to put a switch....easy fix for me. I did the same type thing on my 07 Taco in order to make foggy's stay on whenever I want them.

Hope this helps...I hadda figger this um out by myself as could not find any posts on any of the sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment