Friday, March 18, 2011

2005 Sienna timing belt replacemant



In the next couple of months I will need to replace the timing belt in my 2005 Sienna. I have done routine maintennace on the car in the past, but the timing belt looks beyond my abilities. What is a reasonable price to expect for replacement of the belt and water pump? I will call around to some local dealers and a few repair shops to get some quotes. I figured to have the water pump replaced in addition to the timing belt while the car was in the shop.

Reply 1 : 2005 Sienna timing belt replacemant



I am lining up to do the same service on my 2006 Sienna. I am also having them replace the accessory drive belts at the same time, and 2 dealerships in my area have quoted me approximately $700 to do this work. They indicated that if the oil seals are leaking when they get in there (camshaft, crankshaft), it will be an additional $180 to replace them. The oil seals probably won't be an issue on this first timing belt replacement, but might be at the second one due around 180,000 miles.

Reply 2 : 2005 Sienna timing belt replacemant



$700 sounds about the going dealer rate. I'll be having mine done on my 04 soon. I also hear that motor mount stud(s) could break on Siennas when they do the Tbelt as those have to be at least loosened if not removed..so that could add a few $$ if that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment